Rear Main leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Main leak

well smelled some oil and noticed it was on the exhaust when i got home. Its leaking pretty bad. My question, i had the seal replaced a couple months ago... about 5 months ago... and now its leaking again. Could it be something else causing the leak, like oil pump or something internal... or did they put on the seal wrong the first time. I don't think they put it on wrong because the leak just started 3 days ago.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: Rear Main leak

check the vavle covers, and oil pan. i know its hard to find the leak. i have the same crap going on with mine too.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

make sure your pcv isnt plugged if it is pressure builds in the crank case and valve covers untill it creates a leak in the weakest link

Comment

well i called up a buddy of mine that works for a dealership... we put it on the lift, i cleaned up the bottom of the car while it was up and finally found the leak. It is the rear seal! that pisses me off... maybe they didn't fix it right the first time... but one guy said his cadillac would leak throught the rear seal all the time... he said something internal was causing it and he had to replace the seal every 3 or 4 months. He never got it fixed... Any ideas?
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

got the car fixed... 500 bux... but its so good to have it back. Only problem was that so much oil has hit the underbody that they couldn't tell if there was a leak still or not. So i'm gonna have to check on it for awhile and try to clean up that oil. Just can't wait to clean it!

Comment

How many miles have you put on it?

why did you have to pay for it? that should have been a faulty repair. "come back" for them which means free for you.

I can't stand how people get screwed like this.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i took it to a different place then before. The place i took it to before... well we went to court and i got some money from them and pretty much the judge says i stay away from them and keep my mouth shut and they pay me for my troubles. That was all over the clutch and tranny... if i knew this would have happended i would have been more upset.

car has 133k

Comment

O'...ok. yeah, i was curious how many miles on the new seal you just replaced
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                  O'...ok. yeah, i was curious how many miles on the new seal you just replaced
                  my bad... i'm not sure how many mile but it was put on in novemeber last year.... so maybe about 8k... but it never leaked until now after the new one... so i'm scared something else is causing it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X