Throttle body, where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body, where is it?

I'm just curious as to how I would get to the TB on a '97 Chrysler LHS. I'm assuming it's connected to the same thing as it would be on any other car, just in a different location. For some reason I thought if you took off the pipe going to your air intake you would be looking at your TB. Is this correct or am I looking in the wrong direction?

Re: Throttle body, where is it?

post a pic of the engine bay and we can show ya. Never looked under the LHS hood before
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

you are on the right track. follow up from the air box
      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
      1994 Camaro - Sold
      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Where is it located on the '97 3.8L Firebird?

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
          Where is it located on the '97 3.8L Firebird?
          open your hood, first thing that isn't plastic from the air intake

Comment

The reason I was curious is because I am Seafoaming my wife's Chrysler LHS and it says to spray the Deep Creep into the TB. If I don't do this step it won't be taking away the complete SeaFoaming process right? It just won't clean it as good as could if I did spray it in the TB.

Please, someone post their opinion so that I can finish this and get to bed. :P

Comment

if you are spraying through the tb instead of the brake booster line then make sure you don't spray it on the sensors in the tb if the LHS has one in the tb

Comment

I don't believe it does have a censor in the TB, but I am not totally sure so I am just going to go ahead and not spray the TB with the Sea Foam Deep Creep. I will just put it in my gas tank, oil and brake booster hose.

Comment

Since you said you're putting it in the oil you are going to change it soon aren't you? I've never done it but I've heard you should change the oil about 150 miles or so after adding SF to the oil system
                  2002 SOM 35th Camaro. K&N filter, smooth intake bellow, 160* thermo, \'vette power servo, B&M transpak, Pacesetter Headers, 3in. in dual 2.5in. out Flowmaster 40 muffler, custom dual side exit exhaust before rear tires, MSD plug wires

Comment

Yeah, I did it at 100. My spirited drive kind of went a little longer than expected. After adding it to everything save the TB I called all my friends while it was soaking, all the low-riders, all the domestics, and even one import guy (but he didn't go) and well, it was about 15 of us and we road to the next big city over and just drove around for a few hours, going into parking lots and just doing stupid stuff with my wife's car. She asked is this necessary (as we were cutting a donut around a tall light post in the middle of the parking lot) and I just replied, it says so in the directions. :)

Needless to say, after our ride was finished, it was time to change the oil.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X