Solenoid & starter two parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solenoid & starter two parts?

This may be a complete n00b question, but I am not much of an engine guy.

My starter is going out (or at least the solenoid that engages it). I opened my book here and it stated that the solenoid is a separate component? All of my previous cars, these two parts where one component.

It's raining like crazy right now, and I don't have a garage so I'd rather not do any exploratory surgery. ^_^

I asked a few people and they just gave me that glazed over look. :/

I have a 97 V6 Camaro.

Thanks!
    1997 Camaro RS<br />Home Brew CAI

Re: Solenoid &amp; starter two parts?

i dont no about a 97 but mines is a 95 and its all one so i would say that for the 97 too but idk

Comment

Its two peices but you buy one unit
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

they are in fact 2 seperate pieces, although it may appers as one when you take it out. its just in one contained unit, unlike some fords where the soleniod is mounted remotely. you really dont need to worry about it unless you plan to rebuild it your self but its actually more cost effective to buy a whole unit with a good warrenty (lifetime) si if it goes out again you get one for free.

Comment

Ahhh, ok.

Thank guys!

Comment

Ok! It's times like this, I tell ya!

So, I have the old starter ALMOST out (side shielding, all the wires, and the two-part bolt), except for the one main bolt on the bottom. The problem I am having is getting a socket on it.

There is this shielding/support around it, that leave just enough space to get a socket that is too small in, but not enough the get the proper size. And I can get a wrench in on the side, but only a really thin one, that is just damaging the bolt. If I come from the other side, I have the same problem and can't get the wrench on the bolt. GEEERRRRR!!!!!!

WTF! WHO DESIGNED THIS?!?!?

Suggestions?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X