Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pan and trans pan

2 questions
    1 how hard is it to change the oil pan and tranny pan gaskets?
    2 how hard is it to change the tranny fluid

This work will be done on a 95 firebird 3.4

thanks for all the help

Re: oil pan and trans pan

Im not sure about the oil pan cuz Ive never had to mess with it. However the tranny pan can be droped easily. You will need a tranny filter kit from an auotparts store that comes with a new filter and gasket. Along with 5 or 6 quarts of tranny fluid. If you have the money get some synthetic fluid like Royal Pruple or B&M trick shift.After you get the car up in the air the tranny pan shoudl be held by 12 bolts. Take a few loose in the rear so that most of your fluid will drain into your oil bucket or whatever. Then take the the bolts out all the way and drop the pan while holding it so you dont drop it and spill the rest of the fluid everywhere. The filter will basicaly jsut pull out. Grab the filter and trurn it back and forth while pulling downward and it shoud come out. Put the new filter in. Clean the tranny pan out with some brake cleaner or degreaser then rinse with water then wipe the pan dry. Take the old gasket off the pan , some scraping may be needed if its stuck to the pan lip. After you get that clean of the old gasket lay the new gasket on the pan then put it back up to the tanny and run your bolts back in. Do not over torque these bolts cuz you will break them off easily. I know cuz Ive done it in my gfs Grand Am. If you want while the pan is down this would be a good time to tap the pan and put a drain in it so it makes it easier next time u change the filter/fluid. After you get the pan bolts good and snug add your fluid. Make sure you add the right amount by checking the dipstick. I hope that helps you out man far as the tranny pan goes.
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
      New Owner!
      by LETZRIDE
      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
      4 days ago
    • ssms5411
      Little work today
      by ssms5411
      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
      2 weeks ago
    • LETZRIDE
      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X