Raising Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Engine

I have to raise the engine to get back to take off my oil pan. I was wanting to know if I could jack up the egine a litte and raise it up just to give me the little extra room i need to get it off?

Re: Raising Engine

sure, pop the hood, take the weight off the engine mounts, take the bolts out and you can raise it up some. I would think the trans is going to hit the tunnel before the intake hits the cowl but i'm not entirely sure. I'd be more worried about getting it up enough to make the pan clear the crankshaft.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

what is the best way to give me enough room to get to the crankshaft through the oil pan? Raise the engine through the top enough to fix some little fingers in or what?

Comment

that I don't know, but I do know people here have changed their oil pan gasket maybe that is the right question to ask? I'd be interested to know also becasue I know I have some oil leaks and it would be nice to know if that was something I could do myself without pulling the engine.
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

drop the cross member.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            5 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X