Temp rises when I get on the gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp rises when I get on the gas

Something I've noticed and wanted to check if other people have this too.

I normaly accelerate like a normal person so this isnt a problem.

Today I'm merging onto the highway and put it down enough to go from 3rd to 2nd (maybe 1st) so the car took off and probibly went up to 4000RPM's or so (not much)
    After the car seteled down in OD I look at the temp and it's halfway between the first check where it normaly sits at and the 210 mark.

It quickly went back to the first check (where it normaly sits at)

I know I'm making the car work hard and forcing it to accelerate, but do other people experience that? I did the FRA mod, but have a home made plate blocking it for now so it functions like a normal stock intake with the exception of the K&N filter and Wisper lid.

any take?
    I checked the coolent, it's fine, I'll get it changed along with the trans fluid some time this summer.

~Chris
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

normal i believe. sometimes i accelerate hard to get a little more heat in the winter.

Comment

check your water pumb. if you see green scum around it and below it, replace it. its a easy thing
      2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

hah, i've got the exact opposite problem. i'll overheat at idle or in traffic, and cool down at higher speeds.

coolant is all mucky, gotta change it soon.
        1996 Hunter Green Chevrolet Camaro A4 Y87 - 3.8 Series II V6 (200k and still going strong)<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler, SLP Cold Air Intake

Comment

Originally posted by fre:
          hah, i've got the exact opposite problem. i'll overheat at idle or in traffic, and cool down at higher speeds.

coolant is all mucky, gotta change it soon.
          not sure what chrisz24's problem is but yours sounds like a cooling fan problem... Reaosn why your car cools down driving is because the air is pushed through the radiotor when you are driving but at idle the fan shoudl be pulling air through it

Comment

I noticed it again tonight, We have this MAJOR highway mountain I have to go up and on the way I gassed it down from 4th to 3rd gear and the temp went from the lower side of the 1/4 check to the upper side of it.

It's not near over heating and never touched 210, It can idel all day and not overheat, what gives?
            ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              2 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X