flushing out coolant...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flushing out coolant...

where would i drain the engine coolant from, and should i flush out the system? i got some new dex cool to put in, when i did the 160 thermo, a lot of coolant came out and even with the 160 the engine is running HOT, so rather than just add some, im just gonna flush it out and put all new coolant in, and i mean hey, it couldnt hurt either.

Keep in mind when even running a 70/30 water/glycol mix the radiator has shotty efficiency.

Take the ambient temp (60degF) and add 120-130degF to it... That will be your normal water temp.

The SLP radiator will lower the delta-temp to around 70-80degF, which is why I want it...
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

water transfers heat a lot better than Glycol, so keep that in mind and run about the highest percentage of water you can for your climate. Use the chart on the back of the coolant bottle to find out what that is.

also, try draining from the drain **** in the Radiator and the block drain in the engine (some little bolt-heads in the block itself can be unscrewed to drain the coolant passages in the block itself)
      \"If we can put a woman on the moon, why can\'t we do that with all of them?\"

Comment

thanks cardinal for that info, and thanks mike

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X