Stock Thermostat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Thermostat Question

I am well aware of the technical database. I ran different search threads and read a bunch of topics. I just need some confirmation before the car comes out this spring. I have a 2001 Y78 W68 Firebird. I was aware from the technical database that I have a stock 180 degree thermostat. Which I would be very pleased to keep. I was flipping through my owners manual and realized that the book listed my thermostat at 195 degrees. If thats the case I'll order a 180 today. I purchased a 160 to upgrade my supposed 180 but chickend out. (A few forums here listed that 160 would throw a code on my 2001) Can anybody confirm that I have a 180 stock?

Well, you could take it out and look at it. It gives the temp on the underside of the stat.
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

I totally agree. I'm really car illiterate and not very mechanical. If I touch it, things WILL go wrong. lol Thanks for your help though, maybe I'll try going to GM and see what they say. Thanks again!

Comment

Does anybody know where I can snag a 180 thermostat??

Comment

Nevermind! I found through searching. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X