2 quick ?'s on the 3800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 quick ?'s on the 3800

1. What wires go to which connector for the IAT sensor? (mine are cut before the connector :( )

2. The vacuum line by the fuel lines, what does it go to going away from the engine?
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

1. it would sort of help to know which L36 you are talking about. on the '99 (the only one i have a diagram for right now) its tan and purple

2. hard to say without some more information (engine year would be helpful again). it could go to the fuel pressure regulator or it could go to the brake booster. if your engine is old enough you might have a vacuum actuated egr valve i suppose.

Comment

95 3800 A4

Green arrow is the mystery lead, disregard red arrow
      black vacuum line goes all the way around the back of intake, may be part of evap cannister stuff.

Found where the fuel line vacuum lead goes to However, coma, where/what does the vacuum hose on the right side of pic go to?
      Gratuitous Engine Pic ;)

[ March 18, 2004, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
        black vacuum line goes all the way around the back of intake, may be part of evap cannister stuff.
        Yeah, I think that is the evap or possibly for a vacuum canister. Maybe someone who doesnt have it blocked off can tell u for sure. ;)
        92 S10 3800 A4(96)<br />1/4: 14.374 @ 92.25 w/ 1.976 60\'<br />Turbo and 12\'s Coming Soon!

Comment

wow, is your intake powder coated? weather it is or not, please tell me how much it costed or how you did it.

and those valve covers, r they just polished or can you buy them aftermarket.
          96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Intake is Poncho Blue & clear coated, 500* paint from parts store. I had it media blasted first because painting dirt & grease is bad. The valve covers I polished myself. It's only a weekend job, but then I cain see all of my valve covers [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

So the skinny hose on the right side of teh second pic goes to the evap cannister, right?
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

according to my haynes, there should be a tan wire and black wire going to the iat. black goes to ground and the tan wire goes to pin 20 of the pcm.

unfortunately the haynes doesnt have the emissions/vacuum routing diagrams. chiltons might have it. if you can find another 95-96 take a look at the vacuum routing diagram under the hood. if you have everything else already connected, it is probably (as already stated by others) for the evap fuel system.

Comment

according to my haynes, there should be a tan wire and black wire going to the iat. black goes to ground and the tan wire goes to pin 20 of the pcm.
                Which wires go to which lead on the sensor (if it matters)? Basically, looking at sensor connector w/clip connecter key facing up.
                2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

doesn't matter. the sensor doesnt have a polarity.

Comment

Originally posted by chas:
                    doesn't matter. the sensor doesnt have a polarity.
                    werd [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

of course it had to different than the BRAND NEW sensor I bought for the 2.8/3.4 [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X