How best to spend $125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How best to spend $125

Happy birthday to me. Mine is coming up (the big 21! My baby will be parked that night for damn sure!). I am trying to figure out what I should ask for. I am looking into a short shifter (I have an m5). What else would you guys suggest. I am stock down to the paper filter at this point. I don't want to just get CAI or a K&N. I am really looking for something that will make my car a little different than regular. I am also thinking performance wise. Thanks for your input guys!

Chris

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Chris<br />1999 3800 Camaro<br />Arrest Me Red<br />M5<br />Power Window Conversion Completed 7/18/03<br />Waiting to get Viper Alarm Installed<br />Chevy Camaro. We\'ll be there. First.

you can get a flowmaster muffler for a little under 125.doing that will give you some nice sound coming out the back and you gain some hp.you should also consider a k&n air filter, they last a million miles and you can clean them whenever it gets dirty instead of having to buy a new one.
    92 bird<br />k&n air filter<br />cold air intake<br />cherry bomb muffler<br />gt steering wheel <br />racing pedals

Comment

I would buy a wisper lid, that is what I am geting once I find $125 [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Happy birthday, think of me, I only have3 more years till i am 21.
      ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Since you said you didn't want to do CAI or K&N, I would probably do the exhaust also. You can always dremel/sand the inside of the air-lid down for now and buy a whisper lid/K&N when you want to then..
        \'02 3.8L, Pewter Metallic Camaro<br /> - Y87 Performance Package<br /> - T-Tops<br /> - Monsoon Audio<br /> * SLP CAI<br /> * Whisper Lid<br /> * K&N Filter

Comment

you could get an LSD from SLP... they are on sale right now for 87 bucks.. proably about 100 shipped.. then the other 25 for new oil, gasket and rtv. bam 125 spent, an afternoon in the garage installing and if you do it right it should not void your warranty.. just find a torque wrench to borrow to put it all back together.. being as you have a 5 speed it's just a little unbolting and rebolting..
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

A stb from bmr fro 90 buck will help when you brake or corner and stiffens up the engine compartment.
            2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Either get a Whisper Lid (I had one on w/ just the stock air filter and it still made quite the difference in power and sound. A++)$125

or a Short Throw shifter. I recommend B&M Ripper Shifter ($160). That in itself makes the car a lot more enjoyable.

or in some 1LE Swaybars from GMPartsidrect. While you won't gian any power, your body roll will decrease considerability and you'll be able to take corners with a greater ease. Those 2 swaybars are't too much over 125 I believe.

or save it until you have enough to invest in a supercharger :) That'll make your car different.
              2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Well, I was involved in a hit and run in a parking lot, someone mashed in the front end of my car and now the paint is flaking off. So, hopefully I will still be able to buy some mods. I am leaning towards a short shifter, and then later this summer doing the LSD (since it will be cheaper and I want to wait for my warranty to run out before tearing out my rear end :D ). Say a prayer for me that I can work out something out and still get what I want.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                Chris<br />1999 3800 Camaro<br />Arrest Me Red<br />M5<br />Power Window Conversion Completed 7/18/03<br />Waiting to get Viper Alarm Installed<br />Chevy Camaro. We\'ll be there. First.

Comment

Whisper Lid or STB is my choice... those are serious first mods.
                  2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                  Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Buy a savings bond and once it matures use that to buy a nicer mod :D

or just go with a short shifter and possibly some window tint to help make sure you have a cool ride that you enjoy driving.
                    \"If we can put a woman on the moon, why can\'t we do that with all of them?\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X