Wiper Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Nightmare

Has anyone else had this problem. My car has the stock wipers (blades) on it, I am cruising down the freeway and it starts raining hard as hell. I turned the wipers all the way on and they seemed to be hitting the edge of the window and making a clicking noise. Before I could even turn them off, it breaks (The gears inside) and dangles over the side of my car like a wounded pigeon. I can't see on the freeway, and I have to drive all the way home wiper less. I haven't needed to use full power since, but what can I do to fix it. Other than just buying shorter blades. Is it a common thing or is mine retarded?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Does your wiper blades still work? The clicking noise was due to the wiper going a little too far past the windsheild and the blade was rubbing where the windshield ends. It seems like the blade got loose from the screw that keeps it on. If it gets loose, it can allow the wiper blade to move farther off it's original position and eventually get too lose and do that.
    At the and of the wiperblade arm, where the whole blade actually rotates, there is a plastic covering that can be lifted and the screw is under there. The blade arm has that little elbow like 2 inches up from where the end of the arm is(where you can lift it up from the windshield) and you have to push that down when you want to adjust it and move it. You should be able to move the wiperblade back into original position and screw the thing back on tight. I had my wiper blade motor go out on mine and they stood upwards when off and I looked really weird driving down the street, but the problem was easily fixed by replacing the wiperblade motor.
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X