Traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction control

Does anyone know if the 1996 3.8L Automatics have traction control or not? And if so how can you turn it off? I don't really spin the tires or do many peel-outs, but it would be a nice thing to know for those random spurs.
    1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Yeah I am wondering the same thing with my 1994 3.4L auto Camaro.
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro<br />K&N FIPK<br />Jet Stage 2<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/491760\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/491760</a>

Comment

If you have Trac Control then there should be a button on your dash somewhere that gives you the option of turning it on or off.

That i am aware of, no 3.4s came with TC

Comment

I know the Z-28's traction control option has an ASR button. (Acceleration Slip Regulation) Would it be the same button on the 3.8 V6 Auto's do you know?
        1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

Yes, the button will say ASR.

It is right next to your fog light switch. If you don't have ASR and you have an automatic you will have a button there that says SGS which is Second Gear Start. Of course I have a 1999 so yours could be different.

Also, if you have an owners manual I am sure this information is in there, RTFM.
          SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Yea I have the second gear start switch. So I am then assuming I don't have traction control (unless using the second gear start)

Comment

It depends on the year.

My 2000 V6 Camaro has got traction control. The switch to turn it off is located above the radio. If it is engaged, a light in this switch is on. If it is not engaged a red warning light "ASR OFF" comes on somewhere above the "CHECK GAGES" Lamp left of the tachometer.

I recently was driving in a 1998 modell. Instead of traction control it had "Second Gear Start" (SGS). If engaged, the car starts in second gear and submits less torque to the wheels. The switch which is labled "SGS" was located in the same position as the traction control switch on my car.
              Horst, <br />2000 Camaro mystic teal convertible,<br />Germany<br />Euro specs incl. 3.45 rear end, restrictive exhaust, Euro rear bumper, Trans Am leather seats

Comment

It depends on the year.

My 2000 V6 Camaro has got traction control. The switch to turn it off is located above the radio. If it is engaged, a light in this switch is on. If it is not engaged a red warning light "ASR OFF" comes on somewhere above the "CHECK GAGES" Lamp left of the tachometer.

I recently was driving in a 1998 modell. Instead of traction control it had "Second Gear Start" (SGS). If engaged, the car starts in second gear and submits less torque to the wheels. The switch which is labled "SGS" was located in the same position as the traction control switch on my car.
                Hmm, that is exactly what I said two posts above. Do people actually read prior posts before posting?
                SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X