Does Shell V-Power Actually Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Shell V-Power Actually Work?

Does Shell V-Power gas actually work? Does it actually clean your internals over time? Is it worth the extra $.30-$.40 a gallon?

Re: Does Shell V-Power Actually Work?

my guess is no. The fuel additiives in a bottle are known for not working, so I doubt this cleaner gas won't do jack either
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

So is the only stuff the works, seafoam?

Comment

seafoam is like a god
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4
        2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

what if i only put seafoam in my gas tank and do it with the oil change...that is not cleaning the top end. how effective is that?

Comment

If your engine, or injectors need cleaning, you take it or them apart and clean them. There so no magic bottle your dump into your tank that cleans anything as well as cleaning it by hand. I had ran 2 cans of seafoam, and EVERY other cleaner the auto parts sells, and my injectors were still a mess. Chevron with the techron, and shell v power, is supposed to be very good at KEEPING an engine clean. Notice i said keeping, and restoring. Ive posted this pic before, but will post again, my injectors, after running several cleaners, the handcleaning with carb cleaner, q tips, and opening and closing the injector with 12 volts.
            Attached Files
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

How hard is it to get to your injectors to clean them?

Comment

like 4 bolts that hold the injectors on
                but you might have to take off other stuff to get to them like:
                MAP sensor
                and ICM bracket
                Once you take off the injectors you MIGHT have to replace the o-rings
                Depending on your year model it might be near impossible to open the injectors and clean them (its impossible on mine)
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

How about on a 96? And is there anything that could possibly screw up by doing this , and is it worth the effort?

Comment

Bobbyz72 has a 1997 so I'm pretty sure you can dissassemble the injectors then!
                    go for it!
                    only bad thing i can think of is the o-rings breaking
                    dont forget to depressurize the fuel!
                    Should get better gas mileage with clean injectors
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yea when you remove your injectors replace the orings even if they dont break. They are really cheap, like a couple bux for them all. Just a safety measure so they don't leak when you are done
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Alright , iam going to try to do it sometime this weekend if i can , its raining its *** off and wont stop , so maybe , and i might take some pictures too ,to show

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X