Is it okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay?

Is it okay to drive your car with random multiple cylinder misfires? My car has had this problem for the last day. i just drive it to school, which is close by. I just want to know if there would be any draw backs to driving it the way it is.

Re: Is it okay?

You'll use up a lot of gas. Had that happen to me in my old 81 Z28.

Comment

Why is you car misfiring?

Comment

could be from a bad spark plug?

Comment

I actully had a couple problems with mine. I have a 93 3.4 and my spark plug wire like to touch the exhaust manifold by my egr. I went through two set of spark plug wire before moving to the MSD 8.5mm wires. I put my wire around the transmission fluid dipstick and has kept it away. My point is make sure that you wires are in good shape and are not burt down. Or just do a tune up.

Comment

Must be ur lucky day because just last week i was going thru this same problem, ended up having the number 3-5 and 6 cylenders randomly missfiring due to these bosch plugs i used which were pos. anyway put in some NGK solved the problem SES light went away 3 days later light came back on and showed my catylitic converter had gone out... the dude at the muffler shop said it was because of the missfiring/ something about unburnt fuel. anyway change the plugs u should be fine *minor note i changed the wires before i changed the plugs, prolly was a wist of money though*

Comment

I changed the wires and spark plugs and now its running great. The problem was that one of the spark plugs had gone bad, so I decided to just change everything. Looked like it was a good time to do it.

Comment

good to hear you got it fixed.
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I forgot to mention, does anyone know of a good way to cover the wires from the heat. I thought I had placed them away from anything hot, but sure enough I started smelling melting plastic. Thankfully it was just the wire covers, that cheap wire cover stuff. So does anyone have ideas or a good solution to this problem. I did a search but came up with nothig that is really helpfull. I kinda remembr a post where someone described a way to protect them, but could not find it. If anyone remembers or has ideas please tell me.
                  thanks in advanced to who replied.

Comment

I got the DEI boot protectors from Summit I believe
                    They were THE CHEAPEST I could find
                    I also have gloves that are highly heat retardent and I can cut them up to
                    protect my wires.

I've heard that if you let it misfire for too long you'll eventually have engine damage!
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

to answer your question.. it's very much not a good idea to drive with cylinders misfiring.. especially if that service engine light is flashing.. THAT is what jacked up my last engine..
                      ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

if you are getting a misfire it will flash the SES light
                        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X