Engine OVERHEATING since brakes done!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine OVERHEATING since brakes done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine OVERHEATING since brakes done!!

Ok this might be some weird coincidence, after me and my buddy put new rotors and brakes on the front, my dad noticed the nooise coming from my engine, it was the fan. Car was really hot. Brakes work fine, then when i drive it, and floor it like once, engine temp goes up to 220ish and moves around going higher and lower, and i can hear the fan on in the engine! i really dont know what it could be, any ideaS?

Re: Engine OVERHEATING since brakes done!!

Did you remove the air dam when doing the brakes?

Otherwise, the brakes don't have anything to do with the cooling fans/radiator unless you disconnected something when replacing them.
    sigpic

Comment

the only thing you brakes could have effect the temp of your engine is if the caliper piston is sticky causing drag and strain on your engine. most likely something else though
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

wut u guys think it is, i really wasnt thinking brakes. just thught id let yakno

Comment

Possible air in the cooling system.

Check your coolant level, make sure it is at the correct level. Then locate the coolant bleeder screw on top of the engine on the drivers side, and with the engine running at operating temp, open the screw. Make sure that a steady stream of coolant comes out. If air and steam is comming out, keep the screw open untill a steady stream of coolant flows.
          Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

I have a brand new engine in my car. I have a 160 thermostat in it and my car also jumps up to 240. But it always goes back down. I don't know but i don't think it is anything to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by A1C_CHRANS
              I have a brand new engine in my car. I have a 160 thermostat in it and my car also jumps up to 240. But it always goes back down. I don't know but i don't think it is anything to worry about.
              Sounds like you have air in your coolant stream. If my gauge read 240 I would worry about it and get it checked. Make sure its a bad guage and not a real problem or your gonna loose a head gasket.
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

My bad actully mine is running at 220 then it drops back down.

Comment

I'd still check for air, especially if your running a 160 thermostat.

TEAM BLACK!!!
                  parting her out

Comment

Is their another way to let the air out on a 3.4L without taking off the radiator cap?

Comment

3.8L have the bleeder.

Do the 3.4L also have the bleeder? I'm guessing that is does.
                      Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Originally posted by A1C_CHRANS
                        Is their another way to let the air out on a 3.4L without taking off the radiator cap?
                        I have a 3.8 so I do not know. Sorry

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

I assume the 3.4 has a bleeder somewhere.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X