starting prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting prob

So i just put in a amp and a sub and i have been having some problrms. The other day i went to walmart and was in there for maybe an hour went to start the car but it wouldnt start. The volt meter went all the way to 8 but wouldnt start. The security came on. So i undid the amp played with it tried starting nothing so i went to to walk to see if someone could jump me found now came tired it again and it worked i have no clue whats going on

thanks

Re: starting prob

Does the car start now? Your stereo system might be killing your battery. Or your battery or alternator could be on their way out. You can get both tested at AutoZone for free. Also, if you have to replace either the battery is around $60 and the alternator $100-130. Both are VERY easy to install.
    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Yes, when i first put in my system, my alternator and battery were old and could not withstand the strain the extra power from the stereo system. I replaced both of them and haven't had a problem since. Well with the exception of the time i left the parking lights on.

Comment

i just replaced both about 7 months ago

Comment

not sure what ur car has going for it or what kind of batter u have in it, but some of my friends that have nice stereos actual have an additional small battery for the stereo alone so it wont drain the car itself.

Comment

make sure that you don't have a neg. and pos. wire touching which could be causing your batt. to drain. That is the only other thing i could think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnot
              not sure what ur car has going for it or what kind of batter u have in it, but some of my friends that have nice stereos actual have an additional small battery for the stereo alone so it wont drain the car itself.
              well i do notice that the olts are not where they normaly with out the amp how much does that little battery cost and how does it hook up

Comment

Do you think a capacitor might help. Also maybe just get a bigger battery rather than another one. Like a Red top optima battery. OPTIMA batteries can be fully recharged in about an hour, twice as fast as conventional batteries. Price is between 125-150. That includes shipping. http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by A1C_CHRANS
                  Do you think a capacitor might help. Also maybe just get a bigger battery rather than another one. Like a Red top optima battery. OPTIMA batteries can be fully recharged in about an hour, twice as fast as conventional batteries. Price is between 125-150. That includes shipping. http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/

what is a capacitor?? and what about just a bigger ALT.

Comment

A capacitor just builds up power to make less of a strain on your batt. and altenator. Im not sure how hard it would be to find another altenator but if you can give it a shot. As for your smaller batteries that you were interested in you are looking at 170-220 on this site i found. http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/c...acitors.htm#xb its at the very bottom of the page, this also shows some capacitors and more information on what they do.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X