New engine is in but there is a problem.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New engine is in but there is a problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New engine is in but there is a problem....

For those that don't know, I had to replace my old 90K mile engine for a new 20K mile engine in my 98 camaro. Long story short, lost oil while driving and burned up and spun the bearings.

New engine is in and everything is hooked up and running. Only took a few seconds of cranking the engine for it to fire up. I instantly heard the sound of a misfire and sure enough a SES light came on. Code came up PO300 which is a random misfire error. I checked all the plugs, wires and coils which all seemed ok and in the right locations. I'm thinking it might be the injectors but i'm not sure if the inj would cause an error like that. The coils have less then 10K miles on them as do the plugs and wires. God knows how long the engine has sat in a warehouse and the injectors are just about the only thing I did not move over from my old engine. Something happened that makes me think it might not be them. While testing the coils I removed the plugs from the center coil and the engine ran smoothly. If it was the inj it would still have ran rough right? After a week of doing the whole swap myself my brain is not working as it should. Might be from sniffing all that oil/gas/coolent/tranny fluid and I don't think banging my head an every piece on the car helped either. thanks for any help you can give.

Re: New engine is in but there is a problem....

I'd actually replace the coil(s) then. I'm sure you can find a set on ebay for a decent price. Even though they have 10k on them, they can still go bad...mine did!

If that doesn't work, then I'd replace the injectors.
    sigpic

Comment

When my injectors went bad I had a P0300 randon misfire code. I would try coils first though
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Well I have a set of coils and injectors so I guess I'll replace them all.:(

Thanks guys.

Comment

also check your spark plug wires. make sure they aren't crossing or anything and causing the misfire or burning up on the exhaust manifolds
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well it seems you narrowed it down to the cylinder(s) your having problems with, which ever those may be.

you need to get a spark tester and see how your ignition is doing when it gets to the plugs. it could be your injectors causing letting injectors dry out has caused problems for me at work. varnish builds up or something. good luck man! :)
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X