Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow

Just wondering about this ...... ok iam not sure why it would do this but it seems like my car bogs alot , i can push the pedal down to about 90% and it just slowly gains speed it doesnt make a big increase at all , almost like that overdrive feeling where u dont push the gas enough , but when i push it the rest (100%) it takes off , its like i have no inbetween ,i can push the pedal to say about 10% straight to say 90% and its not even like the engine kicks in it just kinda gains speed, anyone else have the same problem?and i was wondering if maybe on of my fuel injectors arent working right or something , do the dealerships do a full engine check , not just the codes , and any idea how much that would cost?

Re: Slow

yeah mine does it too, it is VERY annoying thats why i always go 100%:naughty:

Comment

i've noticed this to an extent too, it's just when the car finally decides to downshift, which imo is way too far down on the gas pedal..

500th post!
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

The 3.8 v6 i don't think can compare to the 2.8.
        <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

im not sure what your question is here.

are you saying that it doesnt pull hard? its a v6 its not going to pull hard unless you get into the throttle good or its modded mildly. the only thing that comes to mind is maybe the converter isnt locking up or the tranny isnt kicking down to a lower gear to gain speed quicker. other than that i have no idea what you are talking about. to me it sounds like nothing is wrong other than maybe it needs a nice tune up.

if you take it to a stealership, they will rape you over the coals for a diagnostic scan. i had it done once and it cost me a pretty penny for nothing.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Ooops... Looks like my post go deleted... My apologies people I didnt mean to offend anyone.

Comment

Yea its hard to explain i guess , but yea it just doesnt have pick up , i guess cause its a v6 and a heavy car . its just annoying to almost floor the car and be going no where fast lol .

Its kinda like a cheap drill , it either goes slow or fast. But good drills u can push the button a little , then a little more and its like it kicks in a new gear.

My car doesnt do that , u push it a little then more and it just slowly goes , feels like it has no torque i guess .

well i hope this doesnt confuse the hell out of people , just dont think about it very hard its simple just confussing.

Comment

It should have consistent pull all the way through the full range of throttle. Mine is a 3.4 and it pulls like crazy. One thing that could be helping me is no Cat. Maybe you have some restriction causing your problem. Cars should not bog down, acceleration should be smooth and constant.

Comment

yea it should

Ive have a straight pipe on and a flowmaster , and a nice cold air intake K&N

Comment

well in my opinion if its to bad perhaps u should check ur fuel filter, maybe ur just not getting enough gas. mines a 3.8 '02 and i dont have to floor it to get a decent pickup as a matter of fact about half way down can make my wheels squeel a tiny bit and all my **** is stock. except for the ngk spark plugs

Comment

Fuel filter is about 4 months old , hmmm yea no why i can do that at half pedal , not even floored , unless iam turning .....somethings gotta be wrong with my car , iam guessing its one of the injectors

Comment

i have a straight pipe on too and it still does it..? mabye i should just go get a walbro 255 huh?

Comment

i dont believe the straight pipe would affect that, im no expert on exhaust though so i could be wrong. a lot of cars can squeel while turning... thats cheating lol, get one of those STP complete fuel sytem cleaners and try that. a lot of factors could affect acceleration so good luck with the problem

Comment

I have a 3.4L and mine does the same thing. Thats why i always have it at 100% well most of the time. Hopefully the new exhaust system, high flow cat., and the headers will help me out with that one. If it is one of your injectors let me know where you get yours at if you replace it and how it affects the acceleration. I may wind up changing mine out too after my driveshaft.

Comment

lockup really has nothing to do with acceleration, if i am not mistaken it will only lock in 3rd and 4th gear, and you will know it if it isnt, it will shudder going constant speeds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X