Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caughing sound

Hi,

when I start my 2000 Camaro on a cold day it starts well but makes a metalic "coughing" sound and runs loud for about 30 secs. It sounds a bit like an old carburated V8, though it is a fairly new V6. The sound seems to come from the engine compartment, from underneath and from the exhaust. Everthing is fine, once I´ve driven the first 50 yards or so.

Something to worry about?
    Horst, <br />2000 Camaro mystic teal convertible,<br />Germany<br />Euro specs incl. 3.45 rear end, restrictive exhaust, Euro rear bumper, Trans Am leather seats

If it's coughing, throw a handfull of Hall's in the gas tank, clean the spark plugs with Chloraseptic, and put some Vick's Vapo-Rub on the intake manifold..........J/K But seriously, I have no idea of what could be causing that. Mine starts a little differently when it's really cold outside, but after it runs a minute or two it's fine. I figure in cold weather it just takes a minute to get the oil circulating. If you don't already, start using synthetic oil. That might help it a little. Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you.
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X