tailight fuse shorting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailight fuse shorting out

my tailight fuze is getting blown out each time i turn on the light switch. the headlights turn on just fine and the brake lights all work. only thing that doesnt are the tailights. i know its not the lights themselves because i disconnected them and the fuse still blew out. im thinking i have a stripped wire but before i rip into **** and check all my wiring i was wondering if anyone knows if the switch itself could be bad and if this has happened to any of you. thanks

Re: tailight fuse shorting out

anybody?????

Comment

You could disconnect the harness in the back trunk area and that could help isolate if the short is in the tail light harness or the rest of wiring.
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

I too was having problems with my rear lights....in my case it was bad sockets, replaced them and everything has been a-ok since. if you decide to check or replace the rear harness like suggested in the above post...it disconnects on the driver side trunk area.

Comment

ya that was the first thing i tried. wasnt it, the fuse blew without the tailights connected. anything else?

Comment

Well, now your going to have to check the harness for a short. You will have get access to the harness from dash to the trunk connector, and have a good look at it. I'm sure you will find something.
            Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

thanks, guys

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X