New Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine

So im putting in a new 3.8 into my '99 firebird, and i was wondering if there where any cheap things to put in, or things that would be easy to do with it out before i put it all back in? Like things that will help me get the most out of this new engine.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Re: New Engine

depends on how much money you have

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy16
      depends on how much money you have
      After the engine ill have like 300 in my car account.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
      '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

A bigger cam.
        <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
          A bigger cam.
          that would give you the best bang for the $300 buck
          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
          94 comero 3.4

Comment

get a ls1. for all the work almost same amout of work to put in a ls1 v8

Comment

Originally posted by superman18
              get a ls1. for all the work almost same amout of work to put in a ls1 v8
              that is an ignorant statement and was unnessicairy, you can clearly see that he has $300 and a ls1 costs about $2000 just for the motor, not to mention supporting parts that are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bah
                that is an ignorant statement and was unnessicairy, you can clearly see that he has $300 and a ls1 costs about $2000 just for the motor, not to mention supporting parts that are needed.
                Yeah i dont have the money for an Ls1 or the knowledge to put one in...and that $300 after i buy the $600 3.8 with 45k miles

'66 Ford SOLD

Comment

well if he hasn't got the engine yet he could cancel it and then keep whatever money the 3.8L would cost him. did you think of that maybe

Comment

Originally posted by superman18
                    well if he hasn't got the engine yet he could cancel it and then keep whatever money the 3.8L would cost him. did you think of that maybe
                    Did you think about what you said at all? Its not that easy. Tranny + Motor + suspension + Rear end. :tup: Get it now?
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

guys, lets stop the argument over the ls1 swap please and focus on his question at hand.
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                        guys, lets stop the argument over the ls1 swap please and focus on his question at hand.
                        I vote cam also:wavey:

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                          Did you think about what you said at all? Its not that easy. Tranny + Motor + suspension + Rear end. :tup: Get it now?
                          ...+full fuel system + motor mounts + accesories + alot more work than i have time for :)

but it looks like ill be going cam from all the replies im getting, thanks!

'66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X