Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: factory top speed

i wasnt saying it isnt possible!

i am saying it will be extra weight on the rear tires as well as wind resistance.

What I was saying is that it wouldnt be possible for a V6 with a cut-out and t-tops to go 138, but now that I am aware of who made that post, I am sure there were some "schenanigans" involved while working up to that speed.

Comment

how do you remove the speed limiter thats what I wanna know can I do it myself

Comment

no, you need a tuner
        Hptuners
        Or DHP
        to remove it.

Comment

what the hell is with you people? i got to 108 and then it started bouncing me down. *napoleon dynamite voice* LUCKY!
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
            what the hell is with you people? i got to 108 and then it started bouncing me down. *napoleon dynamite voice* LUCKY!
            what gears do you have and if you changed them did you tune for them? Also what size tire and wheel?
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i have totally stock gears and wheels. 3.42 16" wheels. when i did it i had 245/50/16's
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

my 3,8L has a top speed around 200.......
                bone stock!

btw: Kilometer per hour :naughty:
                greetings from Germany
                Thomas

PS: sorry for my english... if you found any mistakes, let me know....I'm learning

Comment

i had no problem getting to 118 on my stock 3.8
                  with 3.42s of course
                  I could tell it could do alot more

You got ripped Camaro Dom, or something is wrong with your car
                  2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Yeah guys there were some MustangEating Shenanigans involved...

It was 138, 3.23s w/5-speed. I have hptuners, I had lower fan temps and speed limiter removed. That was it(trying to figure out a misfire)

I didn't use hptuners to log it, but I calculated I believe I was at 4200 in 5th gear. Car floored, would not budge anymore. Looked up a gear ratio-to transmission ratio-tire size calculator to get the number.

Comment

i thought the limiter was about 112 cause thats all my 98 would go and then i added an intake and cutout. the other day ago i decided id wind it up to the limiter and let off but once i got to the usual speed it would cut out it kept pulling right past it i hit about 125!!!:banana:

Comment

i got my 98 3.8 up to 125 before letting off... never hit a limit... but then again, the guy i bought it off of was a firefighter and used the car to get around. The fog lights have a switch for make them flash unevenly and also there is a spot on the dash were he had his lights glued on. So maybe he took it off. Only thing i know that is done to it is the kn i put in and flowmaster exhaust.
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

i know the 3.8's are capable of at least 130 bone stock

Comment

I have had my 93 Camaro 3.4L past 120 mph. I have a new v6 in it with only 1,500 miles on it but i don't think that should matter. But as far as i know i dont' have a speed limiter. Maybe it was taken off before i got my car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X