intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intake manifold

hey guys is it possible to clean the intake manifold while on the car there is so much black caked in there its not even funny i would take it off but i heard its a major PITA
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: intake manifold

sure, but there are parts that are really hard to reach. It isnt that bad removing it, you will need a new upper intake mani. gasket, very cheap. Honestly it would take you no more then 30-45 min for a first timer to pull the UIM.

This way you could sand and pait it as well.

Comment

awesome that makes me feel a little better about it.. are there any how tos or anything?
      2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
      1991 3000GT VR4
      2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

not particularly, there are a total of I THINK....8 bolts or so, you need to remove the break boost hose from the back but wait till the manifold is loose and you can slid it forward before undoing it. there is another connection on the pass side of the IM which requires Torx bits to remove, 2 bolts there. Then finally unbolt the coolant hose and the EGR.

Comment

also on some models like mine, the lower thermostat houseing there is a bolt that goes all the way to the block and holds the upper and lower to the block. youll know what im talking about, you have to take it out anyways to get the thermostat housing off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X