acting very wierd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acting very wierd

So, I don't have Sh!t for money, so I can't afford to take it to a shop (just bought a house) but i'm running out of time to drive my baby.

A while back I had to start wiggling the shifter (and it's auto mind you) to get the car in reverse, then park stopped working (it acted the same as neutral) so I used the parking brake. Then, regardless what gear I put the shifter on the car would be in reverse. Last night I was fed up with driving the girlfriends car and Me and a buddy started just poking around and got the car to go into park regularly, just messing with the shifter. However each other gear is still acting as reverse. I would really like my baby back, help me!
    Last edited by pumpkinking13x; 09-17-2006, 02:55 PM.

Re: acting very wierd

my shifter isnt working at all, I have to manually shift it under the car on the tranny, it has a shift lever. Maybe if you take apart your console you can find out whats wrong
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I took the console apart, everything is intact and movin' properly. That was my hope as well.

Comment

on the underside of my car, where the shift cable goes up into the car, the rubber boot is broken, think thats my problem. Maybe you should check? Or maybe you have already?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

from the shifter its a cable that runs to the drive side of the tranny...... when you move it it moves turns the thing on the tranny.....

make it the nut holding the calbe on is still there... then make sue the botl holding the calbe in place on and on the tranny are still there.... becuase if it moving free the shift won't work right

that or your tranny = FUBAR
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
            on the underside of my car, where the shift cable goes up into the car, the rubber boot is broken, think thats my problem. Maybe you should check? Or maybe you have already?
            i have no rubber boot on mine thats jsut to keep the weather out of it...... also make sure the cable is in the right spot on the shifter, it should like click in
            www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

is there some kind of electronic sensor in the shifter that tells the PCM to stay in 1st? I only got P,R,N,1st
              sorry to hijack the thread

Comment

is there some kind of electronic sensor in the shifter that tells the PCM to stay in 1st? I only got P,R,N,1st
                It's all good, stuff i'd like to know anyway

Comment

look on the right side of the shifter...... see that half moon thing? that is what tells the PCM what gear you have the car in....... if that is broke or out of wack it will prolby confuse the PCM (it shows Park/nutrale and revese lights..... if you put it in R deos the reverse lights come on ? if not it may be that things fault

look in the hayes manule it tells you how to fix it
                  www.turbov6camaro.com

Comment

Haynes sux for some things!!!
                    Thanks great info! I will have it fixed yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X