spark plugs, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plugs, need help

Ok I changed them all but the only one I can't get to is the middle one on the passenger side. I can touch it with my hand but the spark plug socket won't fit on the spark plug cuz it hits the header. Any ideas on how to get it out? Car is 2000 Firebird with pacesetter headers.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Re: spark plugs, need help

it shouldnt hit the header, mine doesnt
    the passenger side is real easy for me since i dont have nothing on that side, no A/C
    Try an Extra Deep socket 5/8" from Autozone, unless the header is really your problem?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Yeah looks like I'm gonna have to go buy one from Autozone. But I might have to wait for tomorrow morning for some sunlight to try changing it. The drivers side were all easy and I got em all out from the top. On the passenger side I got the first one from above and the third one from underneath. This is my first time doing it and I was going on two hours. Thanks for the quick response.
      <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

2 hours? I swear to god it only takes me like 5 minutes to pull all of mine!
        and thats with a non-deep socket. Kids these days... ;)

Can you take a picture?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I finally got it earlier today. I used a spark plug socket that had a swivel and a one inch extension, I got it out from up top. All the other spark plugs were autolite platinums and this one was a bosch plug. I guess whoever did them last couldn't get that one out. But the car runs a lot better now with fresh plugs and wires.

Comment

cool!
            plugs dont last as long as they say they do
            expecially when you're romping on it all the time! ;)

When I first started I couldnt use the swivels very good but now I love them!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X