multiple misfire after seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple misfire after seafoam

After seafoaming the car my ses light started flashing and I got p0300 code. Is this normal after seafoaming?
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Re: multiple misfire after seafoam

i dont recall what p0300 is but i know that seafoam can kick up a ton of carbon, especially if its been a long time since using it or your first time. that stuff can cake up on the spark plugs and bridge the plug. switch out your plugs and you should be fine. not very common, but not unheard of.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

P0300 is multiple random misfires.
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Yeah I decided to change my plugs anyway but I noticed an oil spot under my car. My car has never leaked oil before and now after seafoaming it there's oil under my car. When I was changing the plugs I noticed oil on the passenger side of the engine. I'm not sure if its coming from where under the head. But take a better look tomorrow when there's sunlight out.
        <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

someone correct me if im wrong but i would think the seafoam got rid of some "gunk" that help the oil leaks in place and now that its gone.........i might be wrong but yea the misfire is the plugs that are fouled

edit: this was my 300th post, just a lil fyi :)
          Last edited by av6xperience; 09-16-2006, 12:17 AM.

Comment

heh, i hit my 666 post like 3 weeks ago. now i'm at 800 odd. yeah... i'm a postwhore.
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Yeah I got a better look at it today and the oil seems to be coming from the rear of the passenger side head gasket.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X