Dirty/oily front driver side wheel - what is this? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirty/oily front driver side wheel - what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty/oily front driver side wheel - what is this?

Hi guys

I am not much of a repair or diagnostics person. After not having driven my car for a few weeks, I took it out yesterday and while filling up at the gas station I noticed a very dirty front driver side wheel. On closer inspection it looked like a large section of it was covered in some dark oily/greasy residue. The other wheels are clean.

What can be responsible for this? Just want to have a general idea in case I need to go to a service ctr. Thank you.

Re: Dirty/oily front driver side wheel - what is this?

Was it yellow?? May just be doggy pee.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/lucky19\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/lucky19</a>

Comment

Could be a brake fluid leak at the caliper caused by a bad caliper or hose.

Could also be the front spindle seal is leaking grease. Instead of the old replaceable front bearing, raceway and seal, late model camaros have a sealed spindle. I do not think it is serviceable.

Check you brake fluid reservoir to see if it is low on fluid and then take your wheel off to see if there is anything evident like drops of fluid.

Drtodd
      Dr Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Todd
        Could be a brake fluid leak at the caliper caused by a bad caliper or hose.

Could also be the front spindle seal is leaking grease. Instead of the old replaceable front bearing, raceway and seal, late model camaros have a sealed spindle. I do not think it is serviceable.

Check you brake fluid reservoir to see if it is low on fluid and then take your wheel off to see if there is anything evident like drops of fluid.

Drtodd
        Ditto the brake fluid thing, take the wheel off, and have someone push the brake petal. If you have a leak it will be obvious.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X