Low Oil Light On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Oil Light On

My low oil light comes on whenever it feels like it. When I investigated the problem, I found that the low oil sensor has no wires coming out if it. I found the male plug end of the harness laying in the engine compartment. Can I buy the missing other end wires new? Would it come with a new sensor if I bought one? Thanks.

ps - if I wait until the "low oil" light goes out before starting the engine, the light will no come on during driving.

Re: Low Oil Light On

my low oil light is on almost all the time, even right after an oil change, but it does sometimes turn off, idk if the sensor is messed or what, where is the sensor so i can check it out?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I am not sure which engine you have, but on the 3.4 it is screwed into the left side of the oil pan. No matter what car or engine, it is screwed into the oil pan somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        my low oil light is on almost all the time, even right after an oil change, but it does sometimes turn off, idk if the sensor is messed or what, where is the sensor so i can check it out?
        Try what I do. Turn the key on but do not start the car until the "low oil" light goes out. Mine never turns on anymore while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd
          I am not sure which engine you have, but on the 3.4 it is screwed into the left side of the oil pan. No matter what car or engine, it is screwed into the oil pan somewhere.
          3.8 is the same way. Its a big plastic nut looking thing screwed into the side with some wires coming out...not hard to change/ break.
          1999 Camaro M5<br />\"Boost: And you thought crack was addicting...\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231041\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231041</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X