2000 Camaro V6 Instument Cluster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Camaro V6 Instument Cluster...

I have 4 of the circuit board bulbs broken on my instrument cluster and I was wondering if it would be better to buy a used one or have this one rebuilt. Where is the best/cheapest place to get one rebuilt...cause GM is talking like $350!! Thanks for your help.

Re: 2000 Camaro V6 Instument Cluster...

I've never popped an instrument cluster out of a Camaro, but in the past I've found that they usually have bulbs that can be replaced. Usually it's just a matter of getting it off to get to the back of the pannel. Then the bulbs can be taken out from the back. But four? That's quite a few bulbs to be just burning out.

Comment

It seems that you guys misunderstood me....There ARE bulbs that you can twist out and replace....those are not the problem....the Service Engine light, Brake light, ABS light and Temp light.....are all directly connected to the circuit board and are broken off....NON REPLACEABLE, atleast without sending it to GM to be fixed.....There are a few others that are connected to the circuit board too but they aren't broke.....I have problems with misfire and I took it to All Tune and Lube to have a Diagnostic run on it and he said that it couldn't be fixed until the cluster was replaced or sent in because the connection was severed because of the lights being broken. He couldn't even get into the sections on his Diagnostic tool to even look at the problem.

Comment

I would remove the instrument cluster and tear it down. Find out what kind of bulbs they are, souce some replacements, and solder in the new replacements.

Now chances are it isn't as easy as that, but my philosophy is that if I have to replace a part, I'm not going to loose anything by tearing it apart and trying to fix it myself. If I can fix it, I'm way ahead of the ball game. If I can't fix or rebuild it then its no big deal and I go get the part and install it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

2d's to CDNFB. My best repairs were done on things that would have been "lost causes." I'm still scratching my head over 4 bulbs being out.

Any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_nice_guy218
            It seems that you guys misunderstood me....There ARE bulbs that you can twist out and replace....those are not the problem....the Service Engine light, Brake light, ABS light and Temp light.....are all directly connected to the circuit board and are broken off....NON REPLACEABLE, atleast without sending it to GM to be fixed.....There are a few others that are connected to the circuit board too but they aren't broke.....I have problems with misfire and I took it to All Tune and Lube to have a Diagnostic run on it and he said that it couldn't be fixed until the cluster was replaced or sent in because the connection was severed because of the lights being broken. He couldn't even get into the sections on his Diagnostic tool to even look at the problem.
            What the heck are you doing? Are you punching your dash when you get pissed off at your car? How did you mangle up your instrument cluster circuit board like that?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X