Throttle pegged this morning, VERY HIGH IDLE :P - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle pegged this morning, VERY HIGH IDLE :P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle pegged this morning, VERY HIGH IDLE :P

Little background:
    1998 Camaro 3.8 m5
    Having a small misfire issue on cyl. 5 (unrelated i think)
    every now and then the car runs like a champ and every now and then it misses badly but is still drivable as long as i dont gas it to much and take my time accelerating.

This morning was one of the in the middle days where the car has a minimal ammount of hesitation and is running decently. I pull out of a stop light (getting ready to get on the highway) and I push the clutch in to shift into second and BAM RPM are redlined and the car is racing. I shut off and rolled to the shoulder. I started it on the shoulder and wooosh the car is racing(were talking 6k RPM instantly). So i quickly shut it off. Only thing i can think to do on the side of the road is get out and play with the throttle to see if its physically stuck. It wasnt. I opened and closed it a few times quickly by hand (Just pulled on it) got back in and was able to make it to work. I imagine ill have more info after i drive'r home for lunch, but anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    --Pigpen1204
    (Everett)
    Last edited by Pigpen1204; 09-19-2006, 08:25 AM. Reason: Issue Resolved

Re: Throttle pegged this morning, VERY HIGH IDLE :P

Vacuum leak? But that would have to be one serious leak!!

Maybe your cruise control servo pulled full throttle on you? Having any problems with cruise control lately?
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

I rarely use the cruise control, so its hard to say. I was having a problem with the vacuum line the connect near the TB (the one that has an L shape plug). It kept blowing off of there for whatever reason, but i put a zip tie on that and it hasnt happened since, and as far as I know thats the only vacuum problem i have/have had.
      On the drive home at lunch i had no issues with it pegging the throttle again. Only time will tell i spose.
      Thanks for the help
      --Pig

Comment

Yeah...keep an eye on it. Hopefully it won't happen again.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

I would say cruise control also, mine stuck and it took me awhile to figure it out but diconnecting the cruise control from thr TB is worth a shot.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

diconnecting the cruise control from thr TB
            I think that's a good suggestion. (since you don't use the cruise much anyways)

Comment

OK figured out what was causing the high revs. The floor mat. It was slightly rolled up and when i pushed the gas it pushed past the roll it got caught.
              So if this happens to anyone, check your mat.
              Thx for the help anyways guys
              --Pig

Comment

Yeah, I've done that!!

Sometimes we get wrapped up in the technical and don't see the obvious.

Glad to hear all is cool.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X