Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change

Its time to change the oil and ive been using regular pennzoil. i was thinking of switching to mobil 1 synthetic but my car has roughly 77K miles. what are the chances of it leaking, or should i try something else?any suggestions.thanx

Re: Oil Change

i would try it and see if it leaks, but I would also be prepared
    to replace a gasket if said catastrophe were to happen.
    mobil 1 full syn is something I would put in my vette LS7 race engine
    (feel free to buy whatever you want, but I'm on a budget so I use cheaper oils cause mobil 1 is kinda overkill for me ;) )
    But I change every 3k or less
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i use mobil 1 on my car with no illeffects at same mileage
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I use Mobile 1 in everything, even my lawnmower. My last car had 293K when I dumped it, and it still never used oil. Mobil 1 is awesome :tup:
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

i switched to royal purple at like 137k, and i just have a very slightly leaky oil pan gasket, 3k later i cant see a difference on the dipstick, i say go for it, but i'm changing oil tomorrow and i'm going with mobil1, because i hate my motor and want to buy a new one, but thats just me

Comment

I would stick with the same motor oil you've had. The most important thing is new oil and a filter every 3,000 miles. Your motor will last a long time if you keep up this regular maintenance. My dad has always used penzoil in his truck and my moms car. The F-150 has about 223,000 on it and still is a workhorse. The dodge intrepid is around 278,000 and still running good as new. No oil leaks on either vehicle. I myself choose castrol GTX and im around 107,000 with absolutely no leaks and no engine noise. I run my motor HARD if I might add. Like I said again if your chaning every 3k probably not worth it to spend the money on synthetic but its your choice.

Comment

i guess ill go with mobil 1, thanx a million guys.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X