Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttering

Hey guys. My 97 3.8 Camaro will randomly studder. I'll be driving down the road, and it'll stutter. It's not at a certain RPM, a certain speed, or anything, it's completely random. It almost seems like the car quickly dies, then comes back, all within a second or two. At first, i thought nothign of it, and thought it was a fuel problem; thought I needed to clean my injectors. I put some injector cleaner in my tank, and it's still doing it. It did it really bad last night, I was about to pull over. I got up to abour 35mph from a complete stop, with it doing it the WHOLE time, then it just stopped. Any idea what my problem is?
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: Stuttering

mine was doing something similar to that a while back. change your plug wires. i had just put on a new set and it started to act up, come to find out they were defective wires. swapped some new ones on and it was good to go. it could be one of your wires burned through or gets hot and arcs to something. does it do it after the car warms up or all the time?

Comment

maybe the fuel pump?
      K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

have the icm and coil packs checked. check your fuel pressure to see if maybe the fuel pump is starting to go or maybe the fuel pressure regulator. check the plugs and wires, make sure the wires are not sitting on one of the exhaust manifolds also. only other things that come to mind are maybe a vaccume leak, or erg valve getting clogged.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

OK. It usually only does it when it's warmed up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did it when it was cold. I'll check, thanks for the info guys.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

definatley check ur plugs and wires.
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

are you sure it isnt your torque converter not locking properly?

Comment

probably a fuel issue (so AFR issue)
                My car stutters, but its because I dont have my AFR tuned right yet
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X