transmission fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission fluid?

how often should the transmission fluid be changed?

o yea its a auto if that makes a differnce
    JpX

Re: transmission fluid?

About every 30,000 miles.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

30,000 miles seems a little too soon to me,as far as my experience takes me I reckon 50,000,but to get the best results,I normally remove the Transmission line from the Radiator,and put the line in a clear container and start the car in Park/Neutral and let it spout out doing that remove almost all including what is in the Torque Convertor,but don't let the engine run when no Transmission Fluid is coming out the line,as soon as it stop spouting out turn the engine off,remove the Transmission Drain Pan,wash it out with a Good cleaner of your choice,I normally use Gasoline,and for even better results check the Transmission Filter,it not an expensive part so I would normally change it anyway,but not everytime you change Transmission Fluid,when that is done and New Fluid is in the Transmission at the correct level,try the car and tell me if it don't respond alot better in terms of the transmission not the engine.Most of my customers respond that the car is changing alot faster,and the take off is improved.

Comment

Barbadian, since there are two lines to the radiator, is there a particular one you remove, or does it not matter? I've contemplated doing this to change my fluid because of the leftovers in the TC.

I've also considered dipping one line into a container of fresh fluid and the other line into an empty container to catch the old fluid.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Barbadian Camaro
          wash it out with a Good cleaner of your choice,I normally use Gasoline,
          I've found that Ether Start spray is good. Dries with no residue. Gas is to expensive... LOL

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

if you dont do it every 30,000, dont do it at all.

Comment

MORE OFTEN. trust me on this one. i do it to mine every 10-15k
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Bell,I don't have an Automatic Transmission in my Camaro,so I can tell you off hand which one,but to avoid the mess run the two lines in empty containers and mark which one is out for future reference.
                I'm not saying that you shouldn't change it often @ every 10-15k,as far as my knowledge takes me being in the field for plenty years is that,changing it so often is not really a problem but I think you are wasting it,and also because of the cost it's cheap,for you.
                I have an Audi Customer,and a bottle of Audi Transmission Fluid here in Barbados cost $100 or $50US. per liter and it uses 5-6 liters,now would you change it every 10-15K?
                For me I go by color change,as the color starts to change from what it was start changing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbadian Camaro
                  30,000 miles seems a little too soon to me,as far as my experience takes me I reckon 50,000,but to get the best results,I normally remove the Transmission line from the Radiator,and put the line in a clear container and start the car in Park/Neutral and let it spout out doing that remove almost all including what is in the Torque Convertor,but don't let the engine run when no Transmission Fluid is coming out the line,as soon as it stop spouting out turn the engine off,remove the Transmission Drain Pan,wash it out with a Good cleaner of your choice,I normally use Gasoline,and for even better results check the Transmission Filter,it not an expensive part so I would normally change it anyway,but not everytime you change Transmission Fluid,when that is done and New Fluid is in the Transmission at the correct level,try the car and tell me if it don't respond alot better in terms of the transmission not the engine.Most of my customers respond that the car is changing alot faster,and the take off is improved.
                  Always replace your tranny filter when you change your fluid!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X