Removing FRONT seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing FRONT seats

Im parting out a 98 TA (look in classifieds) and I am taking the front seats out. I took the rear out no problem but the front is the one that troubles me. I took the 2 front bolts off that are directly under the knee, but what size hex(?) key tool will remove/loosen it?

Re: Removing FRONT seats

Originally posted by ReD715
    Im parting out a 98 TA (look in classifieds) and I am taking the front seats out. I took the rear out no problem but the front is the one that troubles me. I took the 2 front bolts off that are directly under the knee, but what size hex(?) key tool will remove/loosen it?
    Not sure of the size, but they are Torx Bits. You can find them at any auto store. An assortment of them (looks like a swiss army knife) costs about $6.
    sigpic

Comment

I was hoping for a size but I knew it was a Torx bit, but I couldnt think of that word :)

Comment

Torx?

My 99 FB has 4 attach points per seat and they are held down by 13mm nuts with integral washers and studs in the floor pan.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB
          Torx?

My 99 FB has 4 attach points per seat and they are held down by 13mm nuts with integral washers and studs in the floor pan.
          me too. i just ripped out my whole interior ('00 camaro)for soundproofer. the only torx bits i had were for the seatbelt and child seat anchors.
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
            me too. i just ripped out my whole interior ('00 camaro)for soundproofer. the only torx bits i had were for the seatbelt and child seat anchors.
            How many hours of work will this take to installl soundproofer and put the car back together?

If you have finished it, was the outcome worth it?
            Phil

Comment

i worked kinda slowly to make sure i didnt damage any of the plastic pieces. you'll need a #47 and #45 torx bits to get teh belts out. If its your first time, i'd say start at like 9am on a weekend morning and you should be close to done by dinner time. i only did the panels from the firewall back to top of the rear seat (took 40 sq. ft.). it's definately more quiet esp on the highway, but when i order some more to get the rear wheel wells, trunk and doors i'm confident it'll be well worth it given the improvement i see now. i went with regular damplifier. http://www.secondskinaudio.com/. 110 shipped for 40 sq ft.
              if you're gonna break it into separate jobs do yourself a favor and start with the doors first. i'm gonna try buyin some weather stripping rubber to try and make the door slam more quiet.
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X