'95 3.4L Camaro w/ 80,000m bogs down when accelerating (any speed) and idles rough... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'95 3.4L Camaro w/ 80,000m bogs down when accelerating (any speed) and idles rough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 3.4L Camaro w/ 80,000m bogs down when accelerating (any speed) and idles rough...

I remember a similar "feel" with my old carbed 302 maverick along time ago. You press on the gas initially and it is very sluggish so you have to really give it some throttle to get going but it feels pretty normal (smooth) until you get to ANY speed and let off the gas you have the sluggish bogged down feel like it's choking. Coincidently, my check engine light or SES came on last week and I noticed the alternator was not charging and sure enough it was putting out only 12 or so amps instead of 105. Put a new one in from Auto Zone and 2 days later the same thing happened except 2 or 3 amps max. The 3rd alternator has been in for a few days now but it seems to be working ok. Coincidence w/ current problem??? I just changed the plugs too and all the plugs were very clean (little white) except one looked like it was a bit wet with oil or whatever. My buddy from GM hooked up his $3000 OBD scanner and he came up with a few minor abnormal readings like fuel too rich on one side of the motor but none seemed to concern him and there were no "codes" pointing to anything specifically. Reading through posts on line all morning, I am leaning towards either: TPS, ICM, fuel filter, ignition coils, or fuel injectors. TIA:)

Re: '95 3.4L Camaro w/ 80,000m bogs down when accelerating (any speed) and idles roug

Anyone?:naughty:

Comment

Re: '95 3.4L Camaro w/ 80,000m bogs down when accelerating (any speed) and idles rough...

This could be totally out there but is there a possibility that your cat is clogged, or maybe a bad o2 sensor. I would think if your o2 sensor is bad you would get a code though, maybe not with OBD1.
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X