Fuel Pump whine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump whine.

But I was reading past threads, and its totally different.

1.) the sound will come on at idle, while driving.. anytime really.
    2.) fuel pump sounds perfect when I just put the key in the Run position.
    3.) I only hear it making these sounds when I drop below a 1/4 tank.

any ideas? is my fuel pump dieing? it never use to do this.

Im gonna try to get a sound clip of it a little later on today/tonight and see if I can get it tracked. It started making it while I was driving the whineing sound and I pulled over and popped the hood, I could hear the sound but it didnt sound like it was comming from under the hood.

I stepped around back and could hear it but it wasnt bad, you can really hear it when your in the car and the windows are up.

(I took my back seats out for weight reduction) so maybe the sounds are normal and since my radio was off it was very noticable) I mean I have heard the pump during normal opperation, but when its below a 1/4 tank it starts sounding like total crap.

Performance seems alright still. umm, sometimes I can be trying to make a sharp turn and it will feel sluggish but then once I straighten it up it loosens up and pulls like a demon again.

Any ideas... should I not worry about it or what?

Re: Fuel Pump whine.

well it was doing it again while ago. I heard it at a light as soon as I started moving it kinda went away. I slowed down and stopped at another light and it came again.

I cannot hear it doing it at all while im moving/driving around but once I stop/slow down its on.

But once I filled it up to full from a 1/4 tank I didnt hear it do it again at all.

Comment

pretty sure thats just f-body for you, mine does it and it keeps chuggin

Comment

who would have thought that out of the blue they would just start doing this?

I had no idea...

apperently this is nothing to worry about since it only happens when im below a 1/4 tank and im sitting stopped at a light.. and when I fill up I dont hear it anymore. so maybe I shouldnt worry so much?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X