Ignition control module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition control module

i've gotten mine wet including the coils..car has thrown codes for the module and for #6 misfire. i took everything off and dryed it out...when i went to hook up the module again i'm not sure which way the wire harness went...is there anyway to put it on backwards?? car seems to be runnin worse now. Also is there anyway to check the coils? i disconnected the battery to see if anything reset..which the light went off but the car is still misfiring. i also removed the #6 plugwire from the car and it runs exactly the same..so i'm thinking i've screwed up a coil..
    Last edited by Copperhead; 08-28-2006, 03:15 PM.
    98 bird Y87 SLP cai Msd Super Conducters Msd coils Splitfire Triple Platinums big bad Corvette servo

Re: Ignition control module

Well if you had a bad coil you would be missing on 2 cylinders. When my coil went bad it didnt even tell me which one or what cylinder was missing it just told me the code for "missfire detected". If you think its a coil just buy 1 coil from autozone for 25$ and test it in each spot untill it works. If that doesnt do it then it could be a number of things. Also autozone can test your ignition module for free.

Comment

when elcetrical stuff gets wet, you can't just dry it off.

You prolly shorted some stuff out, I'd get new coils, all 3 new, cause you car will run out of sync with only one new coil and I am guessing they all got wet anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
        Well if you had a bad coil you would be missing on 2 cylinders.
        Umm when I had a misfire after driving in foot deep water, one cylinder was misfiring. I found out by pulling the plug wires off the coil one at a time while the car was running. Each one I pulled off it would start missing out even worse. until I pulled one and it made no difference. However the same cylinder on the 2nd connector on the coil was firing fine. Bought a new coil and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
          when elcetrical stuff gets wet, you can't just dry it off.

You prolly shorted some stuff out, I'd get new coils, all 3 new, cause you car will run out of sync with only one new coil and I am guessing they all got wet anyways.
          Na. I replaced one coil when i poped it and its runs like silk. No sync prob.

Comment

i'm pretty sure it's the front coil...i have MSD coils with only 2 or 3 thousand miles on em...so i'm ordering one from Summit in the morning. Also i took off the wiring harness and flipped it over and reinstalled it into the control module...runs alot better now.
            98 bird Y87 SLP cai Msd Super Conducters Msd coils Splitfire Triple Platinums big bad Corvette servo

Comment

why dont you take the control module and the coilpacks to autozone and let them test all of it? then check on a new sparkplug for cylinder #6. easiest and cheapest way to solve your problem right there.

come get some
              http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X