Trip. mileage correction/fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip. mileage correction/fix?

i have a 96 camaro and ive always wondered how do you use the trip guage? i don't have the manual so i have no idea. the guage under the mileage is in km or something, its not in miles and i was wondering if there's a way to set it in miles so i can find out how many miles i can get on a tank of gas. thanks.
    JpX

Re: stupid question

Your trip od is in KM? are you sure your od isn't in KM then? the 96s od's aren't digital, so i wouldn't think there would be a way to change it, but i really couldn't say..
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

i dunno if it's specifically in km but i know its NOT in miles.
      JpX

Comment

is your car modded? if you are using different rear gears or different sized tires, it would throw off the gauge. Is your speedometer accurate?
        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

nope just got a flowmaster catback and 225 tires 16" so i have no idea its like 3 times the mileage.

like if i get a oil change every 3k miles the trip will be at 9,999
          JpX

Comment

wow.. 3x's the mileage is a lot. Thats definately not in metric then, as 1 mile only equals 1.6 km. Is just your trip mileage off? it the other mileage correct? How bout the speedo? is it accurate? go out to the interstate and judge it off the mile markers along side the road to double check everything.
            Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

everything is right except the trip. is there a way to tune it till its correct.?
              JpX

Comment

Re: Trip. mileage correction/fix?

yea i just went for a 9 mile cruise and on the trip it said i did 91 miles!!! so its way off. anyone know how to recalibrate it?
                JpX

Comment

The analog odometers usually have a little motor back there that turns the numbers. I wonder if either the motor or whatever controls it went nuts. I don't know if the regular od and the trip od run off the same motor though. Probably not if one is still accurate. You would probably have to pull the cluster and take a look. You could also check the signal going to the speedometer and to the trip od to see if it matches and is within specs.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

I wonder if a gear or something is off on the trip part of his cluster. I think the earlier gauges had gears or something in them.
                    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X