SGS Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGS Switch

I dont have an owners manual for my 98, and I have been trying to figure out what the SGS switch next to the factory fog light switch does. Anybody know?

Re: SGS Switch

It stands for second gear start.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Oh. I kept pushing it and looking for something to come on. That explains it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 98RED3.8
        Oh. I kept pushing it.
        I wouldn't do that if i were you .........after all it DOES control the transmission somewhat.... what it does is that, when you're driving your car in heavy snow or rain , it shifts the transmission to 2nd gear instead of 1st gear and accelarates ....in result, you get less wheel spin but i have never used it..... it's not really that effective so, my advice would be to keep it turned off and dont' bother with it if you want your transmission to live longer.... :)
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Its for low traction situations like described. No need to turn it on otherwise.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X