car heats up too hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car heats up too hot

My car heat up until around 235/240 whenever i drive it, no matter how im driving it. it seems to me like the thermostat doesnt start to open until that temperature. it never goes into the red area, but i still think it that it is running too hot.

Re: car heats up too hot

It's too hot, change the thermistat, and check your coolant, and make sure its flowing well, your fan make sure its spinning well after your car gets warm, and then make sure your system has no air in it by bleeding it out with the valve.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

I just put a new 180 degree thermostat in, and i just installed a manual fan switch. it didn't really heat up this much before i did both. how do i bleed the coolant from the car, ive never done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffkiernan
        I just put a new 180 degree thermostat in, and i just installed a manual fan switch. it didn't really heat up this much before i did both. how do i bleed the coolant from the car, ive never done it before.
        What motor do you have? 3.4 or 3.8?

Comment

i have a 3.4

Comment

As you look at your engine from the front of the car there is a little 10mm bolt I believe it is under the left side of the intake kinda near the thermistat housing. Just pull it out a bit, and let the coolant bubble out, fill it up, let the car heat up, and wait till a little coolant spits out where that bolt it, then all the air is gone. If you have air in it your car will overheat pretty bad. Try that and see if it still does it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X