Battery Not Strong Enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Not Strong Enough?

As some of you may remember, I have a '98 Camaro A4 3.8. Over the spring, we rebuilt the engine including a GT2 cam, ZZP Pushrods, 105# Springs/retainers, headers, and a tune (along with 3.73s, LSD, "ram-air" intake, catback exhaust). Ever since I did that, it seems like my electrical power is very weak. Before all this, I never noticed anything wrong with the power supply.. However, now I'll stop at night and my lights will dim way down and I'll see my battery gauge in the cluster shoot way down. Any ideas what's causing this?

Oh, and my battery/alternator test out just fine (I brought 'em up to Murray's individually) and I just got both of them last summer. Alternator is a rebuilt Delco/Bosch one and the battery's a Duralast 75-DL.

Re: Battery Not Strong Enough?

maybe the tune jacked something up? just a thought

Comment

I have this same issue. When I drive its alright, but say I come up to a stoplight put it into neutral and start to cruise to the light. My headlights will dim so will my gauge cluster. My amp gauge drops considerably. I can tap the gas though and power will go back up lights return to normal.
      30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

Poor Grounds?

Fabricate and install a temporary wire from the alternator bracket to a good ground on the chasis or even right to the negative on the battery. Then drive around and see what happens.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X