Manual Fan switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Manual Fan switch

I did one on my own about 5.00 for the switch works great.
    On 1996 and later models, the wiring has changed and the above procedure will blow the fan fuse and turn on the Service Engine Light. So instead, in the under hood fuse box, remove the relay labeled 'F'. Molded into the plastic on the box itself where the relay was is the letter 'F' as well as numbers for each connector. You want to connect the pin labeled '3' with the pin labeled '4'. Note that this is a real feed, and bypasses the relay, so use at least 14 gauge wire. Current is 12A startup, and 8A running. Use a switch that can handle the load.

Solder the wires to the bottom of the fuse box, and put the switch just in front of the box where there already is a unused hole. Black wires and a black switch makes it looks neat. With this setup, you can turn the fan on whenever you want, even with the engine off. Don't forget to put the relay back once you locate the correct connections. Without relay, a code is set and the Service Engine light is lit. If you happen to get a light, it won't go away until you reset the computer. The easiest way to do that is to disconnect the negative battery cable for about 1 minute.

Comment

Re: Manual Fan switch

Originally posted by kuttman
      I did one on my own about 5.00 for the switch works great.
      On 1996 and later models, the wiring has changed and the above procedure will blow the fan fuse and turn on the Service Engine Light. So instead, in the under hood fuse box, remove the relay labeled 'F'. Molded into the plastic on the box itself where the relay was is the letter 'F' as well as numbers for each connector. You want to connect the pin labeled '3' with the pin labeled '4'. Note that this is a real feed, and bypasses the relay, so use at least 14 gauge wire. Current is 12A startup, and 8A running. Use a switch that can handle the load.

Solder the wires to the bottom of the fuse box, and put the switch just in front of the box where there already is a unused hole. Black wires and a black switch makes it looks neat. With this setup, you can turn the fan on whenever you want, even with the engine off. Don't forget to put the relay back once you locate the correct connections. Without relay, a code is set and the Service Engine light is lit. If you happen to get a light, it won't go away until you reset the computer. The easiest way to do that is to disconnect the negative battery cable for about 1 minute.

see u do all that while i plug mine in and route my switch and im done and on with installing a cai while your stilling working on it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X