rattling window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattling window

my passenger side window rattles really bad when it is down, or even half down i assume that this is because whoever owned my car before me pushed on the windows to close the doors is there anything that i can do to fix this?

Re: rattling window

im pretty sure all f-bods do this, because we dont have a window frame.

Comment

the rivets are probably lose. if so, you will need to re-rivet it
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
        the rivets are probably lose. if so, you will need to re-rivet it

wow, that must be a common problem, because i have been around many f-bodies and they all do it, i have had 3 that did it, my friends brothers did it, and alot of the drag race cars iv seen do it (well, the ones with real windows anyways) but i can see those breaking the rivits, because of all of the shaking

Comment

hey those rivets you guys mentioned where are they and how hard would that fix be

Comment

Originally posted by 98StealthBird
            hey those rivets you guys mentioned where are they and how hard would that fix be

usually you drill the old one out, and use a rivet gun and pop a new one in. its really easy, but iv never seen how they go, so i cant tell you how to do it

Comment

i cant exactly draw a pic of where they are. sorry.

well, I'm sure it is a common thing since there isn't a frame and people like to grab the window. I have never had anyone come in complaining but on my car, i wanted to know what was wrong so I pulled the door panel off and found the window reg loose. I re riveted them and it fixed it. I never pull on the window either.

EDIT: I also insulated my door lock rods cause I know they hit so that might have been it but o'well.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

ok, everyone is gonna say rivets, but then that would rattle when the window is up wouldnt it? my driver side does the same thing, and i already tightened down the screws thats holding the whole thing in place (the guy who replaced my window motor didnt use rivets for some reason... if you put it all the way down and pull apart the weather stripping, you'll see that there should be two little brackets right by the top of the door on the inside of the window that have a felt lining that press up against the window. odds are the rear one got snapped off somehow. mine is the same way, i gotta fix it soon... just dont slam your door hard with the window down or i could see the metal cracking the window.
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X