X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damaged filter

While installing my engine i bashed the side of the filter
    Its bad now right?
    I just dont wanna replace it cause I completely filled it with oil. ;)
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: damaged filter

well, if its not dented really bad you should be fine. just get under the car and make sure its not leaking when you start it up.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

its dented really bad, but not leaking
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Two issues: the structural integrity of the casing (will it leak under pressure and stress) and the integrity of the media.

Are you sure the bad dent didn't affect the integrity of the filter media inside?

I'd buy another filter and swap it in. You might not even need to drain the pan since our filter sits a bit higher.
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Is $20 worth of oil and a filter worth the potential if you got reduced flow or worse, the oil leaks out?
          Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

you can remove the filter without lossing a bunch of oil. if you havent started it, i bet you wont lose a drop.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

upon rebuilding the motor, I filled oil holes/pathways like the oil pump
              with vaseline/moly-lithium grease. I completely filled the whole filter with 5w-30(completely) so I could build pressure/prime the oil pump. As well as protect the bearings. The oil pan hasnt been filled yet.
              Its a cheap filter, I will definately replace but it wont be as filled as the bashed up filter(trying to prime).

Comment

keep it to prime the oil pump and then change it. you'll have to drain out some oil anyways. no sense in risking that out on the road...
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X