ignition problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition problem.

alright well the day after i got this car the soil pack that controls the no.6cyl went out so i had it replaced well a few weeks later i had the one for cyl no.4 do the same and the dealership said they will not fix it and it hasnt even been 30days since i bought the thing. its a 98 with only 68000 on it. well i bought the part and put it on and it ran a lot beter but still not quite perfect and after a lil drivin its started sputtering and carrying on again!! do i just have a connection problem or should i get my plugs and wires replaced? if i have to im going to upgrade it all! please help im tired of this thing being as embarrising as it is

Re: ignition problem.

I would change plugs and wires and see if that helps.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

It could be an injector, do you have a ses? Just do a complete tune up, fuel filter could be clogging.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

well i tinkered with it some more and nothing i took it to autozone again and they hooked it up and this time it came up saying multiple cylinder misfire not just 4 like it was. i have to almost floor it to get it to keep going on level ground!!!! i left a stop light and i thought i heard a poping sound i hope it wasnt detonation that would be horrible. well im going to take it to the shop monday and let them have at it since i dont have the time and facility to realy work on it. my t/a is parked in my workpace with no tranny lol so im not moving it unless i really really have to. would it be wise if it is the injectors to go ahead and upgrade them and the whole ignition system with MSD? i plan on giving it some extra power after my t/a is painted but i figured if i have to ill do some now.

Comment

alright well i got the no.4 coil pack replaced and it ran better but it had a slight miss still. well i got in the other day and started up the road and bam i got the SES light again. took it back to dealer same thing no.4 cyl misfire. they checked all the coils and wire and such and there all good i stood there and watched to make sure also. he cleared the code and drove a lil bit and no light but still i have a miss but its not all the time just every now and then. they sugested mabey i have a clogged injector. so i ran some injector cleaner in the fuel and no dice then i ran some ATF in it and so far its still not 100% better but fingers crossed it will fix it if not then i guess im gona be driving it how it is for awhile :bs: :mad:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X