Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES

Hey,
    i have an intermittent Service engine light come on my 01, which I took to the shop to get read. it came out to be an EVAP error. My tank cap is on tight, any ideas of what would give me that issue, or where to start? Thanks!
    Mikey :D
    P.S. I did a search and didnt see many answers.

[ November 19, 2005, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Mikey ]
    Go Fast or Dont Go

Read through here. There is a plastic hose that sometimes cracks and throws a SES code. If the hose is not cracked, get the purge valve checked or replaced. They are basically cheap at a dealer (about $20).
    sigpic

Comment

Since the picture doesn't show it anymore;

Look on the passenger side of the engine, right behind the TB there is a large vacuum line that comes out of the upper intake and runs behind the alternator. That is the line I am referring to.
      sigpic

Comment

also, even if your cap is tight, doesnt mean that the gasket inside it isnt damaged.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

What was the code? Not all of the EVAP codes could be caused by a loose cap. Knowing the problem is somewhere in EVAP doesn't help. We need the actual code number to know what the problem is.
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I have a similar problem...code P0440. The shop I took it to will get be getting a smoke machine soon to find out where exactly the leak is coming from. They initially thought it was just a loose gas cap and reset the code twice, but it kept reappearing.
            Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

thanks guys, I will get the code # checked again, but I will try checking that first. thanks
              Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                1 day ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X