fuel pump , will ls1 fit 3800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump , will ls1 fit 3800?

stock ls1 fuel pump same as the 3800s?.... or will it fit? all i see on ebay is ls1 ones, i dont feel like paying 300 bux for one at auto store

Re: fuel pump , will ls1 fit 3800?

just buy a walbro intank one from zzperformance.com....$125 and you are good for like 600-700hp or something like that.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

k thanks..... im having this one problem i did a search on, and it could be one of all these according to dif people fixing thier cars.... hopefull its not the pump... im gonna try to look into it tomorrow...

crank position sensor
      fuel press. regulator
      fuel pump
      some relay

Comment

you never said what your problem is?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

sometime scar will take like 5 mins to start......that with me cracnking it for about 4 seconds then witing alike 5 so im sure not to burn up the starter.... it will start sometimes then just immediatly die as if its being choked from the gas,,,, usually to keep it going just right as soon as it starts i gott hit it up to like 3000 rpm and hold it for like 5 seconds......... sometimes itwould start and then idle a lil ruff, and as soon as id put it in gear, it would stall ( auto)

also even when it would start up normally, my car would not idle correctly for the first like 5 seconds, it would rev up and down from like 800 to 1200 as if i was pressing the gas, then even out at 8

Comment

and sorry if its hard to read, im typing w/o my contacts in......

Comment

Any SES lights? It sounds to me like that could be your IAC.
              1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

no, no lights at all..... whats iac?

Comment

idle air controller. its a little motor and pintle that sits right by your throttle to let air into the engine when teh throttle plate is fully closed (idle). i would check that out b4 going thru the PITA to change the fuel pump.
                  2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

thats an interesting problem, could be alot of things, i wouldnt think a fuel pump would do it though. kinda sounds electical, like a crank sensor or something. my dad's fuel filter went out and the car ran like crap, wouldnt start right and stumbled and didnt throw any codes. good luck finding out what it is.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

As as easy way to confirm IAC or fuel pump in this instance I would pull a vacuum line off before starting the engine. Then start the car. If the engine dies right away I would suspect fuel pump. If the car Idles properly or even with a higher than average RPM (and doesn't stall) I would say the IAC is not working.
                      Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X