Obd-2 Computer Read Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obd-2 Computer Read Out

Does anyone make or know of something i can plug into my obd port that will display live engine readings such as engine temp, rpm, iat, mph, tps, etc. Like when i use my super scanner, it displays all that live data. What im trying to say is i want something like that, that would mount nicly in my car, i think that would be pretty cool.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Re: Obd-2 Computer Read Out

Hptuners does that.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

never heard of such but yeah, that'd be real cool. mount a little lcd display or sumthing. odds are it'd take alotta engineering to make it really usable tho. you cant exactly screw with a laptop while ur driving. it'd have to be some sort of touch screen i'm guessing, and then you'd hafta have all the programming...
      basically, i guess short of mounting a tech tool in your dash i dont think it can be done.
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

don't think there is really anything out that is all inclusive.

BUT, in theory I guess you could run a carcomputer the ran hptuners?

that would be cool
        1993 t-topped camaro to let the rays in.

Comment

Yep, but im not talking about having the thing doing any programing, that would make it way to expensive, im talking about just doing what my superscanner does, displaying live engine functions. It would not even need any buttons on it, as it could just scroll through like 5 at a time, for like 5 seconds then move on the the next 5, etc.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

no clue, I guess autotap woudl be cheaper, HPtuners is a full scanner that logs many things from the pcm. I don't have any experience. But I do at least know hptuners is pretty customizeable for what you wnat it to log for.
            1993 t-topped camaro to let the rays in.

Comment

I've seen something for deisel trucks like that before on Trucks on Spike. It was a turbo deisel with propane injection, and it had something that mounted on the dash that plugged into the OBD-II, and you just scrolled through the readings. I think it might have even been by Autometer, but I'm not sure about that one.
              Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
              Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

never used it, but does the autotap program for the pc work for that? u would have to do some custom stuff for a pc.... heard of dude making one and putting it in the place of the passenger air bag....

Comment

There are actually tons of software and adaptors out there for 'real-time' obdII monitoring ... you'll need a laptop/carputer to use it. Very simple hookup (diag port to serial to laptop, output from laptop to small LCD) just go to www.mp3car.com and search their forum. Tons of info. If you do that, you can also run a 'carputer' which does everything like ... GPS, tons of music, wireless internet, OBDII, movies, etc ... the possibilities are endless.
                  \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X