Remote Door Unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Door Unlock

Hello, when I went out to unlock my car tonight ('96 Camaro) I pressed the unlock button on the remote, like usual but it didnt unlock the doors. This happened to me last year at about the same time of year. It seems like as soon as it gets in the 30's it wont work (I live in WI and its cold here already) Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Last year when it happened I put in a new battery but it didnt do to much good. I appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

Mine does that too. My boy who did my alarm said I might have to get a new locking mechanism or something like that. He said he'd do it for like 50 bucks a door.
    K&N FIPK, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound Highflow Cat, 3\" Magnaflow catback, 180 Thermostat, 8.5 MSD Wires, NGK Plugs, Chrome ZR1 Rims

Comment

Anyone else?? I dont want to have to replace anything if possible.

Comment

Mine sucks all the time. I'll press it and sometimes it works, and other times I'll stand there for 3 minutes pushing it over and over until it finally unlocks the doors. It's definitely not the lock mechanism in the door or the remote. I started using my other remote and put new batteries in it. I also resynchronized it with the car. So I am with pinball, anybody know what else it could be making these things work on and off like that?
        1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

those transmitters break all the time. you can usaually pull them a part and see whats broke. also i know at my dealership we can test them on alittle machine.

and the thing in the doors is a door lock actuator dont sell to many of those for f bodies.
          96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Yup, mine too. I thought it was just the battery in the remote going bad. But mine doesnt need cold weather not to work, its just random. I just go the old fassion way and use key.
            1999 Firebird

Comment

If I do it the old-fashioned way my alarm goes off. Then I have to hop in and turn the key real quick to shut it off so people don't think I'm stealing it. The temperature doesn't affect mine either, it does it all the time. Could it be the BCM at all? Or both my remotes are bad.
              1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Mine seems to work only in the summer, but then again I dont lock it as much (as I dont have school) and I usually leave the t-tops off. I try to do it the old fashion way too, but just like you said it dosent look to good when you jump into a car with the alarm going off. If I reset my remote inside the car, it will work for about 1 day but then stop working again. If anyone finds a solution please let me know.
                Thanks,
                Dustin

Comment

the metal thing that holds the battery in usaually comes loose if you know someone with a little saudering iron they can fix it
                  96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    2 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X