Air Conditioning port not taking refrigerant - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Conditioning port not taking refrigerant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning port not taking refrigerant

Recently, my a/c started to get warm in my 93 Firebird, so I talked to my buddy and said the refrigerant was low and to just throw a can in there.

So this morning I tried to put a can of it in there and everything seemed to go fine. When I disconnected the can it still felt like half of it was still in the can, but the A/C in the car was nice and cool so I just said hell with it. I decided to take the car around the block. About 2 miles down the road, the A/C was no longer cold and just blowing hot air on me. So I drove back home to see if I could fit the other half of the can in there, but it didnt take anything. I had another can laying around and tried that and it didnt take anything. The port does not appear to be damaged in anyway.

Any ideas??

matt

Re: Air Conditioning port not taking refrigerant

go down the parts store, and buy a hose with the gauge on it.

it will tell you why it wolnt take it.

personally, i would take all of the refridgerent out, and put a few cans in... but thats probably illegal now-a-days or something

Comment

you had the car running, and the a/c control on max right?

ive heard it can take 10 minutes or more to accept a can, when i recharged mine i bought a can with a reuseable hose with a trigger, and a gauge, worked well.

My a/c still isnt as cold as id like though!

also....

you punctured the can right? when i used the hose it had a safety device that wouldnt allow the can to be punctured until you removed a plastic ring, and screwed the hose on.
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

If the AC system is full it may take forever to drain the can....or it may not drain it at all. Are the pipes cold when the AC is running? I agree with Victimization, get a guage to check the pressure. Also, is your compressor running?
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yeah, you have to have the A/C running as high as you can, and it can take a good 5-10 mins for it all to go

Comment

sounds like ur compressor is about to go and u have a pretty big leak somewhere...i know from experience in my 97 camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X